General Anesthesia or IV Sedation
- You must not have anything to eat or drink (including water or chewing gum) for at least 6 hours before your appointment. If you do not have an empty stomach we will not be able to perform the surgery. However, it is important that you take any regular medications (high blood pressure, antibiotics, etc.) or any pre-medication prescription that we have provided, using only a very small sip of water.
- Do not schedule any activities that require alertness or coordination for 24 hours after surgery.
- A responsible adult that is 18 years old or over (parent or guardian if a minor) must accompany you to your appointment and be able to remain in the office during the procedure, drive you home once the procedure is completed and stay with you for the rest of the day.
- Skip the meal before your appointment.
- You must have someone accompany you to drive you home.
Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids the evening prior to your appointment.
You must stop smoking at least 48 hours prior to receiving anesthesia and continue not to smoke for at least 1 week after surgery.
You should wear loose, comfortable clothing with short sleeves.
Please remove any make-up, nail polish, tongue rings, AND ALL FACIAL AND EAR PIERCINGS.
Please remove contact lenses, if worn.
WiFi is available in our patient lounge.
Patients are welcome to bring music to listen to.
PLEASE NOTE: Surgery start times are estimated times. It is impossible to predict exactly how much time is needed. If procedures run longer than anticipated, we will do our best to notify you, but some waiting is unavoidable. We appreciate your understanding.
All surgery appointments must be confirmed by telephone within the week they are scheduled for. If we are unable to reach you, we may not be able to hold the time scheduled. If you know you will be unavailable by telephone for several days prior to your appointment, please call our office at (603) 432-3308 to confirm the time, review instructions and go over any questions you may have. Thank you!